An oversize 1968 poster issued by the U.S. National Parks Service / Department of the Interior with a photograph by Ansel Adams of "The White House" at Canyon de Chelly National Monument in Arizona. From the Grand Canyon Trust website: "Although people have lived in Canyon de Chelly for more than 5,000 years, it was Ancestral Puebloans who built White House around 1060 AD. More rooms were added during the next 200 years, and archaeologists estimate there may have been up to 80 rooms and four kivas when it was most heavily used" and ""The light-colored plaster on some of the rooms led to the Navajo name for the site - Kinii’ ni gai - which means White House".
With a stated copyright of 1968 and "For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office" notice in the lower right corner of the poster. Item #1396.
Condition: Condition: Fair, with a 3" closed tear at bottom middle edge (see detail photo) plus .5", .75" and 1.5" closed tears along the bottom edge; overall age toning to paper; with heavy edgewear more prominent along lower right side; some wear and two small nicks along the top right edge (see detail photo).